Our "Help for Inventors" service is exclusively for independent inventors seeking to commercialise their invention(s).
In return for a fee of £50, charged for each innovation reviewed by the Caparo Innovation Centre, we will:
- Complete a Confidentiality Agreement (Non-Disclosure Agreement) with you as the inventor before you disclose any details of the innovative new product
- Offer a one-hour meeting with one of our innovation experts at Wolverhampton Science Park (or correspond by post / email, if that is more convenient) and discuss with you the strengths / weaknesses and commercial potential of your idea
- Recommend to you the best course of action for you to follow
Likely 'Recommended courses of action' could be:
- Don't put any money into this (if we find existing competitor products, patents etc..)
- It's a good idea, best developed as a start-up business
- It's a good idea, best developed by licensing
- It's a good idea, but you need partners, and here are the ways we could help
- It's a good idea, and we would like to offer you a Development Partnership Agreement
For innovations that we judge to have particularly good commercial potential, we may be able to offer you a Development Partnership Agreement. Such an agreement would set out how we would together to develop the product, without any charge for our time, but in return for an agreed share in the future profits. Since we only receive payment upon the commercialisation of the product, we do have to be selective about which innovations we commit our resources to, although we will certainly consider all ideas that come our way.
The objective of our "Help for Inventors" service simply to give you the benefit of our experience in commercialising new products, and the best advice for the next steps to take.
What we're looking for
Whilst we are happy to review innovations from a diverse range of industries, the 'contingent upon success' Development Partnership Agreement scheme works best for innovations that:
- Are physical, tangible products, either already having or capable of obtaining a UK patent.
- Originate from an individual rather than a company.
How the "Help for Inventors" service works.
- For those who wish to purchase the evaluation service (£50) an electronic payment can be made from the Invention Registration Form (you will be redirected to the main University of Wolverhampton website).
- On receipt of payment we'll issue you with a confidentiality agreement.
- We'll arrange and hold an initial meeting to review the innovation with you and provide advice on progression routes, where applicable.
help for inventors, inventors help, helping inventors, inventor, inventors, help